- 2 LBS peeled + deveined shrimp, tails removed (optional)
- 2 packages zoodles (zucchini “noodles” freshly prepared in many produce sections)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 TBS ghee (clarified butter – we like Organic Valley Farms brand)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 large basil leaves, finely sliced (a.k.a. basil chiffonade)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 TBS EVOO + 1 TBS ghee over medium high heat. Season shrimp with salt + pepper and add to hot pan, stirring often until shrimp are opaque (approximately 3 minutes) add 1/2 of the chopped garlic (reserving rest) + stir to combine and heat through for an additional 30 seconds. Remove shrimp from pan into a bowl and set aside, covered to keep warm.
In same pan over medium high heat, add 1 TBS of EVOO, 1 TBS ghee and zucchini noodles, season with salt + pepper to taste and stir frequently. Add a little bit of wine at a time to deglaze bottom of pan, scraping with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add more wine as needed until zucchini noodles are cooked through and pan is deglazed (~7 minutes). Add the remaining chopped garlic, fresh basil and juice from 1 lemon (reserve rind for zesting), heat for 30 more seconds until garlic is fragrant. Add shrimp back to pan, stir to combine and remove from heat.
To serve: add 1/4 zoodles (should be around 2 cups per serving) + shrimp to each plate or bowl, top with some red pepper flakes and a little grated lemon zest. Tear some fresh parsley over each serving.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 311 / Total Fat: 14.3g / Total Saturated Fat: 5.4g / Protein: 56.7 / Total Carbs: 6.9g / Sodium: 908.3g / Dietary Fiber: 0 / Sugar: 0