- 1 package organic spring mix (8 cups)
- 12 oz albacore tuna canned in water or in packets (I prefer packets to save time not having to deal with the messy draining, but they cost more)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 TBS crumbled feta cheese
- 8 tsp drained capers
- dried dill
- fresh Italian flat-leaf parley
- red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
To plate, top each plate or salad bowl with 2 cups spring mix, 3 oz tuna (I crumble on top of salad), 1/4 cup chickpeas, 4-5 artichoke heart quarters, 5 olives (10 halves), 2 tsp capers, 1 TBS crumbled feta, a sprinkling of dried dill & a few TBS of torn parsley. Finish each salad with a splash of red wine vinegar, 2 tsp EVOO drizzled over top + a squeeze of juice from 1/4 lemon.
Note: I like these ingredients cold, so I pop the pantry items – chickpeas, tuna & artichoke hearts – in Tupperware and put in fridge the morning of or the night before.
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 385 / Total Fat: 20.1g / Saturated Fat: 5.8g / Protein: 33.2g / Sodium: 1,005mg / Total Carbs: 18.6g / Dietary Fiber: 4.3g / Sugar: 4g