- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp black truffle oil (optional)
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 TBS cold water
- freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, add Dijon, honey & truffle oil. Stir to combine. Using a whisk, very slowly drizzle in the EVOO, whisking constantly so it emulsifies. Add 1 TBS cold water and stir to thin vinaigrette. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Substitute basil oil for the black truffle oil
- Add fresh herbs such as dill, flat-Italian parsley, basil
- Add capers
- Substitute apricot jam for honey, omit truffle oil and add 1/2 finely minced shallot + 1 TBS finely chopped rosemary
- Omit truffle oil, add freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/4 lemon), 1 finely minced garlic clove + 1 tsp dried oregano
- Omit truffle oil, add freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/4 lemon) + capers
Note: we don’t want to drown our beautiful salads in dressing. This one is very light but packed with huge flavor from the truffle oil. Use the calories saved on the dressing and add a little extra protein. Any of the options above create different flavor profiles to enhance the toppings on your salad.
Hands-on time: 3-5 minutes depending on the options above
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 57 / Total Fat: 5.3g / Saturated Fat: 0.7g / Cholesterol: 0 / Protein: 0 / Total Carbs: 2.9g / Sodium: 0.3mg / Dietary Fiber: 0 / Sugar: 2.9g